Monday, August 20, 2007

Thumbs Up! Accentuating the Positive



Rodney Olsen of The Journey has come up with a great idea. He's calling it "Thumbs Up!"...and it's all aimed at highlighting positive things in the blogosphere:

"The blogosphere can sometimes be a pretty negative place so I reckon it's great to make a habit of accentuating the positive.

"I want to link to a number of bloggers who are writing positive posts each week.

"Do you want to be a part of the positive? You can post a thank you to someone, a list of reasons you're thankful this week, or highlight people doing something worthwhile in your community. You don't have to post every week but it'd be wonderful if you're prepared to make the effort to write a positive post most weeks."


I'm pleased and honored to find that Rodney's "Thumbs Up" for this week was awarded to me! Rodney, thank you so much.


My Thumbs Up! for this week goes to:

Grams of Talk...to...Grams!



Grams has given me a few blogging awards, and it's true that I want to return the favor. But aside from that, she's very deserving of this award.

A relative newcomer to blogging, Grams has already managed to infuze her blog with a homey, welcoming cheerfulness. I love how self-effacing, but determined she is about learning the various technical aspects of blogging. I enjoy her pictures of family occasions and cute pets.

Grams' faith is evident throughout her blog, and she really is an encourager. After all, her tagline is "a blog about my faith, my family, and my favorite blogs." She spends a lot of time highlighting her favorite blogs--what an encouragement!

There's no way you can go away from Grams' blog without a positive feeling, so I feel she's richly deserving of this "Thumbs Up!"

(Grams, you can go here to get your Thumbs Up! badge to put on your sidebar--I used the smaller version on my sidebar.) That link also explains how anyone can get involved in Thumbs Up!

6 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

I am speechless!! You said such loving, wonderful, nice, kind, things about me!!!
I think it is a real honor to be given this award!
I feel so humbled by receiving an award for being a positive blogger.

Oh My!! What a wonderful blessing this is! Thank you so much!!
Hugs from Grams!

Ann-Marie said...

Congratulations to you Cindy! You always cheer me up, too! And congrats to "Grams" - we need more bloggers like you!

Talk..to..Grams said...

Cindy, I have been thinking on who to choose and I haven't posted the award yet....

By Yhursday or Friday..... I will!! This is such good award to give out!!
I really appreciate you giving me this!!

Denise said...

Bless you dear, you deserve this award. Thanks for giving it to grams, she is such a sweetheart.

Talk..to..Grams said...

Thanks for stopping by and making it more clear to me about Thumbs Up!
Later on this afternoon Kelly will help me on this!!
It is real early in the morning where I live!!
I wasn't able to sleep so I did what any blogger would do I got online!!
We have to take Nancy to the dentist this morning!

Rodney Olsen said...

Hello Cindy

I hope you've had a chance to see the latest edition of Thumbs Up!

Your Thumbs Up! post started a wonderful chain of events.

Thanks again for your participation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails