Monday, July 02, 2007

The Cindy's Book Club Review was a Blast!



The first book discussion for Cindy Swanson's Book Club took place this past Saturday, and it was wonderful! Thirteen ladies of the 20 who had won places at what we're calling the Book Review showed up, copies of Lisa Samson's "Quaker Summer" in hand.

The setting was the lovely Cannoli Caffe, and they were incredible hosts. The women who took part in the discussion were wonderful, we all connected beautifully, and their comments were thoughtful and insightful. There was a lot of laughter too! It was a fantastic experience all the way around.

I've posted some more pictures of the event at the Cindy's Book Club blog. Check 'em out if you have a moment.

The Cindy's Book Club featured book for the month of July is Split Ends, by Kristin Billerbeck. I'm looking forward to another terrific Book Review event!

On a personal note...

This week is going to be kind of crazy, hopefully in a very fun way. My sister Lisa and her family are here from Texas, and I'm not going to be working or blogging on Wednesday or Thursday. I am SO enjoying having my sister here!

2 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

Sounds like you all had a blast! Have fun with your sister and enjoy your time together.
Grams

Jules said...

What an awesome time at your first book club event. The atmosphere was perfect, the conversation delightful, and Cindy, you were a terrific leader. Thanks for a great morning and I hope I get a pass for the Split-Ends group...I'll be signing up often, Caffe Cannoli's coffee is grand!

Related Posts with Thumbnails