Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My interview with Sheila Walsh







"I discovered what it's like to face the end of your own dreams, but begin to discover perhaps what you've been looking for all your life--which is a relationship with Jesus Christ, based on nothing I brought to the table..."--Sheila Walsh


The Women of Faith 2007 Amazing Freedom conference is coming to Chicago on July 20th and 21st, and among the speakers is the lovely Sheila Walsh.

I had the opportunity of interviewing Sheila today for my radio show, Weekend Rockford, which airs on 101QFL and Radio 91.

Even though she was doing radio interviews at a rate of every fifteen minutes, Sheila was warm and gracious--and of course, I'm a sucker for a Scottish accent!

A struggle with depression

With a successful Christian music career under her belt, Sheila went on to become the co-host of the 700 Club. But a struggle with clinical depression ended her spot on that show, and brought her to the end of her rope.

Sheila tells me how she went from depression to being a Women of Faith Speaker:



Here, Sheila has encouragement for Christians who are struggling with clinical depression:



"God Has a Dream for Your Life"









"I believe that God wants to teach us how to dream again. I believe too that he wants to fulfill our dreams. It might not be in the way we anticipate, but if we are open to his heart, this great adventure will change us...I think that when we stop dreaming, a part of us dies. So I say it's time to dream again, knowing that with God, nothing is impossible!"--Sheila Walsh


Sheila Walsh's new book is God Has a Dream for Your Life.

She says God's dream for us is far different from the American dream of always needing "more, more, more." Rather, God's dream is that we will be set free, as illustrated in the Women of Faith 2007 theme verse: "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." (John 8:36

The Gigi Books

Sheila says one of the endeavors that gives her joy these days is writing her series for little girls, the Gigi Books. She tells me she loves the response of little girls to the series.

The next book from Sheila Walsh will be "Get Off Your Knees and Pray." She says the book is about what it's like to live a lifestyle of prayer, as opposed to ten minutes in the morning.

Related Tags:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails