Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Faith Like a Child


"I long to worship Jesus with the heart of a child, in a state of pure and true adoration. Yet so many things of the world cloud my thoughts and pull on my heart until it's no longer just a girl in the arms of the Father"
~ Darlene Schacht ~
"The Mom Complex"


"They say that love can heal the broken
They say that hope can make you see
They say that faith can find a Savior
If you would follow and believe
with faith like a child"--Jars of Clay

One of things I love about Jesus is that, in his physical life here on earth, he loved children. Isn't it wonderful that, included in God's inspired, inerrant word, are instances of Jesus displaying that love of children? Of him urging his disciples not to turn them away--"for of such is the kingdom of heaven"?

When I was a little girl, there was a popular children's Bible whose cover depicted Jesus surrounded by little children. The picture might be considered schmaltzy today, and I question how much Jesus actually looked like that depiction (probably not much at all!) Still, the picture imparted happy feelings to my childish mind. It illustrated to me, vividly, that Jesus loved little children. That he took time here on earth to care about them.

Few things are as precious, sweet and innocent as a little child. That's why it's such a vile and horrific crime when adults destroy that innocence.

Jesus says we are to become as little children. So Darlene's hope and wish to become more like a child is not a mere whim--it's something Jesus exhorted us to do.

Lord, let us affirm and value the faith and innocence of our precious children. And Father, let me be more like a child, full of simple trust in You.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails