Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday Fantasia...


a potpourri of facts and fun

If you have a young person graduating this spring, you must check out Mark Harris' "Find Your Wings." Go here and scroll down to listen to an audio clip, and here are the lyrics.

Here are some of the lyrics:

"I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings"

Beautiful song, and so fitting for this time of year.

Mark, of course, was a longtime member of 4Him, the members of which recently decided to go separate ways and pursue solo careers.

Of course, name-dropper that I am, I have to share a pic with you from when I got to meet 4Him when they visited the 101QFL booth at the Gospel Music Association Convention in 2002:


With Andy Chrisman, Kirk Sullivan, Mark Harris and Marty Magehee

Happy Birthday, PyroManiacs!



My friend Phil Johnson celebrated the first anniversary of his blog yesterday, and what a wild ride it has been! PyroManiacs is now a team blog featuring a few other writers along with Phil.

You may not always agree with Phil and Co., but you will doubtless be informed, educated and even entertained.

I must admit, though, I did have to chuckle at Joe Carter's assessment of PyroManiacs
in his recent Royal Rumble in Godblogdom post: "I could say something snarky about Phil’s tone, his views, or his allegiance to Charles Spurgeon and John MacArthur. To be honest, though, I’d rather just take a horse whip to the person who introduced Phil to Photoshop." (snicker :))

Ghastly maxi-dresses inducing 70's flashbacks...

At the ever-entertaining Purgatorio today, , it's one of my favorite features: Divine Vinyl. I don't know where Marc gets the old album covers, but they are crazily kitschy and funny now. Remember the maxi-dresses of the mid-70's? They're here, in all their polyester glory.

Where's the Wonkamobile when you need it?

Those lucky South Bend, Indiana downtown office workers! This from AP: "The South Bend Chocolate Company is delivering coffee, chocolates and lunch to
those too busy to take a break. Company president Mark Tarner
says they're making chocolate runs in a golf cart they're calling
the 'Wonkamobile.' He says the delivery service won't end when
the weather turns cold. He adds he'll get snow tires for the cart
if he has to."

Now that's what I call commitment.

Have an awesome weekend, everyone!

Related Tags:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails