Friday, October 21, 2005

So what's your favorite cereal?



Raisin Bran is the top breakfast cereal of choice for American adults, followed closely by Cheerios. At least, according to new data released by Zogby International.

Fifteen per cent of adults in the nationwide survey said Raisin Bran was their favorite, followed by Cheerios with 13 per cent. Then there was:

Frosted Mini Wheats--8%
Special K and Honey Bunches of Oats--7%
Honey Nut Cheerios--6%
Frosted Flakes--5%

Age was a significant factor in cereal preference, however. Among respondents under the age of 30, Cinnamon Toast Crunch outperformed every other cereal.

When my kids were growing up, I had to walk a fine line when it came to cereal purchases. If I got something really good--like the aforementioned Cinnamon Toast Crunch, or Peanut Butter Captain Crunch, or even Lucky Charms--well, I would be lucky to see those boxes of cereal survive until breakfast the next morning.

On the other hand, if I got something that was really good for them, like Cheerios or Raisin Bran,--or really cheap, like Corn Flakes--the boxes would go untouched for weeks.

So I had to get something that was good for them and tasted OK, but not so delicious that they felt that had to raid the box during distinctly NON-breakfast times of day.
Better to get something like Life or even Honey-Nut Cheerios. Something that tasted good, but not so good that it wouldn't stay around a while.

And OK, I admit it. I've been known to reach for a cereal box when it isn't breakfast time. And when you've eaten all the cereal in your bowl, and there's still a sizable amount of milk left, of COURSE you have to put more cereal in the bowl, right?

As for my favorite cereals, I think I'd have to say Grape-Nuts Flakes and Grape Nuts are at the top of the list, followed closely by various Chex cereals.

So, what's YOUR favorite cereal? I'd love to know.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails