Tuesday, October 04, 2005

What book of the Bible are you?

You are Psalms
You are Psalms.


Which book of the Bible are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Fitting, because Psalms is my favorite book of the Bible. And to me, this is one of the places where the King James Version at its most beautiful and powerful. Reading the Psalms in a modern version would be a little like reading Shakespeare in ebonics, in my opinion. Another example: Isaiah. The poetry, the power...stunning!

I'm in the middle of Sharathon here at 101QFL, so time is at a premium. Just a few random notes to share with you today:

---My review of Dear Enemy by Jack Cavanaugh is up at Infuze Magazine. I think you have to go through a short signing-up process to subscribe to this online magazine, but there's some good stuff there. This is my third review for Infuze. I found out about it through the wonderful Julie Ann Fidler.

---Am I looking a little green? OK, I'm struggling with envy! Joy of Karagraphy just returned from Wheaton's 50th Annual Writing and Literature Conference, Faith and Fiction: C.S. Lewis and his Chronicles of Narnia.

Says Joy: "Unbeknownst to ignorant me, Wheaton has become the stateside mecca of all things Lewis. Their Wade Center collection includes about 2300 volumes from CSL's personal library, not to mention (oh, but I will
anyway) his teapot, his pipe, and the inspirational Wardrobe from his childhood home, Little Lea. Within feet of one another stand Lewis' and Tolkien's writing desks. Touching CSL's desk for me was what it would be like for a violinist to pick a string of Paganini's violin, or for an artist to hold Monet's paintbrush."

I would've felt the same way. I have loved the Chronicles of Narnia since I was a little girl, have re-read them many times and introduced them to each of my children. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this conference from Joy.

---So I didn't blog about Harriet Miers...many other bloggers have done so quite ably. LaShawn Barber did a tour of the blogosphere to glean info and reaction from trusted sources, and even the comments to her post are enlightening. Avail yourself of it if you don't quite know what to think about Miers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails