Thursday, May 05, 2005

When God's people pray



"...when you go to God and you go with boldness and you go with persistence and you rush in and you unload what’s on your heart, and first you ask and then you start pleading and then you start banging, know this, that God is delighted with that...delighted with that because He with His perfect love and perfect wisdom and perfect power and perfect provision is able to give the best to His children. In fact, Psalm 84:11 says, 'He withholds no good thing from those who walk uprightly, His children.' He holds nothing back.”--John MacArthur

Today is the National Day of Prayer. Of course, every day should be a day of prayer for Christians, but I think it's great that we have a day actually set aside to focus on prayer and stress its importance.

I am far from the prayer warrior I should be, yet I am continually amazed at this incredible resource that we have. That we can go with boldness before God, and interact with Him, and talk intimately with Him, and bring our burdens and requests to Him--and He answers! He really does! Amazing. Ineffable. Incomprehensible. The Creator of the Universe, listening to me. Caring about me.

I love Wayne Watson's song, "When God's People Pray":

"He alone can know the need in me, before a single word begins
The Holy Spirit intercedes for me, I will trust in Him.
He will not turn away, when His people pray.

"When God's people pray and take the pains of earth
to the doors of heaven;
when God's people pray there is hope reborn,
there is sin forgiven,
and miracles you can't explain away, when God's people pray."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails