Monday, May 23, 2005

It's so Monday...

I answer the Monday Madness questions



I'm just emerging from one of the most hectic time periods of my life.

Friday night, my daughter Elizabeth graduated from high school. She's my baby, so it was a very poignant milestone for me as well as for her. She's not sure right now of her future plans, so it looks like we'll still have her with us for a while at least, which is just fine by me!

Anyway, the graduation went well, as did the open house we had for her afterwards.

Another era begins.

Major stuff is happening at work, which I'm not at liberty to blog about, but which also signals changes for me. Wow, the older I get, the more resistant I am to change!

I can only trust God for the grace to keep putting one foot in front of the other, come what may. After all, my times are in His hand, and everything that concerns me.

Meantime, I'm enjoying having my son Jonathan and his wife Daylyn visiting us from Texas. They leave tomorrow, but it's been wonderful. When I went to bed Thursday night, I had the lovely feeling that all my children were under one roof--that's not something that happens all the time!

Since I have nothing huge to blog about today, I'm going to do something I haven't done in a while...MONDAY MADNESS!

Check it out, and answer the questions with me if you will--either here in my comments section, or on your own blog.

Monday Madness


The following all begin with 'In your lifetime, have you....'

1. ...ridden on a rollercoaster?--Funny you should ask. Last Tuesday, as part of the BCS senior trip, we went to Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio--widely acclaimed as one of the best such parks on the planet, and revered for its daring roller coasters. Did I ride? NO. The last roller coaster I rode was the Rattler at Fiesta Texas in San Antonio, circa 1994. It freaked me out so badly, I decided never to do it again. I'm sure I rode some previously as well--but never again!

2. ...performed (in any area of the arts) onstage?--Yes. Singing, speaking and acting.

3. ...planted a garden?--No...I wish! I love gardens, both the floral and the vegetable kind, and I love garden veggies. But I never learned how to do it, and I'm woefully ignorant. It's on my list of things to learn about.

4. ...ever had to reformat your hard drive due to a virus/spyware?--Not me personally. Our engineer at work has had to do it to my work computer.

5. ...written a book? A poem? A song?--I've started writing books many a time, but never followed through. I have written poems, but not very good ones...and never a song. Songwriters mystify me--how ARE they able to do that? I totally admire people who can create music.

6. ...sang karaoke?--A few times, but never at a karaoke bar.

7. ...been interviewed by a local tv station/newspaper?--Yes, a few times.

8. ...witnessed a tornado/earthquake/hurricane first-hand?--No, and I hope not to!

9. ...participated in a photo scavenger hunt?--I don't think so. I've done other types of scavenger hunts.

10. ...traveled to another country?--Yes--my parents were missionaries to Beirut, Lebanon when I was a child, and later (when I was in college) to Chihuahua, Mexico. I've been to:

Egypt
Lebanon
Syria
Turkey
Jordan
What is now part of Israel
Italy
Mexico
Canada

My dream is to go to England, Ireland and Scotland--especially Ireland.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails