Thursday, November 06, 2003

My site has been added to a webring!

This is so cool! Ellie Shroder, webmistress of The Christian Fiction Site, has invited me to join "The Power of the Story" webring.

A webring is defined as "a group of websites linked together by topic or interest. " Since my website has an entire page devoted to Christian fiction reviews and recommendations, Ellie invited me to join her webring.

Ellie's site is great...far more extensive than mine when it comes to Christian fiction. (Fiction is just one aspect of my site.) Like me, Ellie also has aspirations to write fiction herself. And she lives in New Zealand. How cool is that?

I think Doug is a little puzzled sometimes as to why I enjoy fiddling around with my site so much. I don't know, it just fulfills some creative urge in me. When I was a little girl, I used to make my own newspapers and magazines, cutting out pictures from magazines and pasting them on. I loved doing that, and could while away hours writing articles and literally "cutting and pasting." In some ways, my website feels like an extension of that. It's just really enjoyable for me.

There is so much great Christian fiction out there, by the way. I could immerse myself in it! When I'm reading a really great book, the house could be falling in around me and I would scarcely notice. I have to force myself to come up for air. I LOVE TO READ!!!

********

How about a little cell phone etiquette here?

With the fact that just about everyone and their dog has a cell phone now, I've noticed a phenomenon that is starting to irk me. (Maybe it's because I don't have a cell phone myself?) Anyway...it seems that a lot of people will just ramble endlessly on their cell phones when they are with you.

Don't get me wrong...I can totally understand having to make or take a call when you're out and about with a friend or family member. Of course, that's going to happen. I'm talking about just yammering on, ad infinitum, while your companion just sits there.

I've particularly noticed it in teen-aged girls, who all seem to be equipped with cell phones these days. My own daughter will probably end up with one as well, when she starts driving. But now,she often finds herself being the third wheel in a social situation with friends who ignore her while they gab endlessly on their cell phones.

You know, I'm sorry, but I think that is just rude. Save your lengthy conversations for another time if you're with someone else. I think that's only common courtesy.

And I'm certain my friend Julie Frantz of Everyday Etiquette would back me up on that.

OK, end of mini-rant. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails