Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wednesday Hodge-Podge!


Johnstown Castle, Wexford, Ireland

I'm participating today in the Wednesday Hodge Podge, hosted by From This Side of the Pond!


1. What is one thing on your bucket list? If you don't have one let's pretend you do.

Go to Ireland.

2. What makes a good dad?

A man of character who loves his children unconditionally, encourages and supports them wholeheartedly, but has the wisdom to set boundaries and enforce them firmly but lovingly.

A man who follows Christ and strives to be like him.

A man who loves and respects his wife, and models that to his children.

A man who helps equip his children to someday be independent and stand on their own two feet.

A man who laughs and enjoys his children and his life.

3. Are you afraid of insects? Which ones?

It's not that I'm afraid of them per se. They just give me the creeps! Pretty much all of them. Except the ones that just annoy me, like flies and mosquitoes.

4. We're barbecuing...what's on the grill at your house?

We like it all--burgers, brats, pork chops, chicken breasts, veggie-burgers. I love to slice yellow squash and zucchini, add some onion slices, season it and drizzle olive oil on it, wrap it in aluminum foil and grill it. Yum!

5. Do you believe playing is more important than winning?

I do. But I'm not as competitive as other members of my family! :)

6. Do you tan? Use self tanners? Visit tanning salons? See your dermatologist at least once a year?

I've never been much of a sun worshipper...I've even been poked fun at sometimes for my whiteness. Now, at my age, I'm glad I didn't do it a lot. I will sometimes use a self-tanner on my legs and arms. I've never EVER been to a tanning salon. And no, I haven't been to my dermatologist in a while...thanks for the reminder!


7. Five years ago I would never imagine that today I would...


...be working at News/Talk 1440 WROK. It has always been the radio station I looked up to and admired in my city, and now I work there! Still hard to believe.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I think God gave us the most incredible, amazing gift when he gave us music! I love music so much, and it enhances and enriches my life in so many ways. I'm so glad there's such a thing!

Click on the icon to participate in Wednesday HodgePodge!



5 comments:

Zoanna said...

Great answer to the dad question. And music is like nature: where did it come from if not from God? It's far too powerful and complex to have started in man's mind or heart, yet it moves the mind and heart (and body, too) to heights and depths that we wouldn't otherwise go to.

Thena said...

Great answers. Totally agree with #8, can be having a really bad day and can hear certain music and just makes the day much better.

Joyce said...

I agree wholeheartedly with #8...can't imagine the world without it and I know when I get to heaven I'm going to have the voice of an angel, not the voice of my earthly self which is less than angelic : )

Susan said...

I would love to see your family play sports against one another. That must be something fun! I know all too well about how competetive siblings and whatnot can be, but it makes for a fun sport though.

Your BBQ menu is mouthwatering. Like the many I read already I'm drowning in my drool over here! That's one of my summer favorites = BBQ yummy!

Kimberly said...

Oh I see you do Hodgepodge with Joyce. She lives close to me and we have even met.

Related Posts with Thumbnails