Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I have sooo been enjoying...


...spending time with my mom and sisters.



Back row, L to R: my sister Lisa and me
Front row, L to R: my sister Beverly, my daughter Elizabeth and my mom

Since my mom and sister Lisa live in Texas, and my sister Beverly lives in Wyoming, it's rare that we're all together in one place. My mom and sisters arrived this past Saturday evening, and I've been treasuring every single moment we've had together.

On Sunday, we attended church and had an incredibly tasty lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, Egg Harbor, where I introduced to my favorite sandwich in the world, the amazing Door County Melt. They all loved it!



On Monday, we went to visit my daughter Elizabeth in Normal, Illinois, where she's attending Illinois State University. They bought Elizabeth several things to spruce up her rather plain bathroom...it's now looking lovely with a new shower curtain, bath rug, and wall decorations.


My sister Bev, me and my daughter Elizabeth

Today, we went to Edwards Apple Orchard, a wonderful place with maybe the best apple cider donuts in the world! Tomorrow we're shopping and just enjoying our last day together.

We've laughed, reminisced, and laughed some more. It has been a wonderful time of making memories.


My mom and my sister Beverly






One of the wall decorations for Elizabeth's bathroom. She shares my passion for French stuff!

So, I didn't make it to The Random Dozen this week, but Lord willing and if the creek don't rise, I'll be back next week!



3 comments:

Ashley said...

I participated in the Random Dozen for my second time. Thanks for linking to it and getting me connected. The author of that blog participates in another meme called Flashback Friday. I don't know if you've ever done that one, but it looks like one you'd enjoy - especially this week. The theme is childhood books. If you find a little time, it's Mocha with Linda.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Well, I bet I would have had a great time with your Mom, sisters and you. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time and I'm all about a good time.

I was reminded of my precious Grandmother when you quoted, "Lord willing and if the creek don't rise." Loved it! She said it all the time.

Joy abundant to you!

Juliet said...

Three generations of women getting together! That along is fun.

So happy that you could all be together. Thanks for sharing those photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails