Monday, September 20, 2010

A Big Event is Coming Up Tonight


Jason Ritter of NBC's The Event

"The Event has the potential to be a very satisfying viewing experience because it contains three essential qualities that I require in a show for both a time and an emotional commitment: cast, chemistry and compelling creative."--Jo "jopinionated" Garfein


Ever since it ended its six-year run back in May, I've wondered if I will ever like another TV show as much as I liked--make that loved--Lost.

I've pretty much thought I wouldn't. However, tonight I'll give a new show a chance to maybe, just maybe,captivate me the way Lost did.

It's called The Event.

What is the show about? Mmmm, I'm not sure. I just know that my son Jonathan told me a few months ago that he had heard it combined elements of both Lost and 24.

The blogger known as Jopinionated was a Lost fanatic, and I agreed with most of what she blogged about that show. She has been able to preview the first episode of The Event, and here's some of what she had to say in her spoiler-free review:


"Despite what you might have heard otherwise, The Event is not Lost – nor is it trying to be. If anything, this new series has extracted a few of the more successful elements from Lost and integrated them in quickly and smoothly....

The Event ... establishes itself as a must-watch series and my top pick for best new show of the 2010 fall season."


I'm not a big TV watcher, and one of my few favorite shows is gone now. But I do enjoy some television viewing, as I think some decent entertainment is what keeps Cindy from being a dull girl.

So I'm giving The Event a chance. If you watch it, please tell me what you think!

2 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Never heard of it, but will have to check it out. I'm not much of a TV person but do have some that I enjoy. Have a happy week!

Ashley said...

I'm not ready for something to try to fill the shoes of LOST. Not just yet. I saw and read previews for The Event, but it just didn't grab me. I did watch the premiere of Hawaii Five-O, and I really liked it. I'll definitely watch it again - even though seeing Alex O'Loughlin there makes me really miss seeing him in the short-lived Three Rivers. (I still can't believe they canceled that show!)

I did watch Biggest Loser for the first time Tuesday night. I know you're a big fan of it, as are many of my friends, but for some reason I never watched. Now I'm hooked! And I hope I'll be motivated by the contestants and trainers to get back on the weight-loss wagon. Again. :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails