Friday, April 27, 2007

An Evie Update

Evie Fans Going Strong


Evie with Rebecca St. James

It always amazes me how tenacious and loyal are the fans of one petite blonde Norwegian songbird whose major popularity came in the late 70's. But Evie fans, loyal you certainly are. I found that out when I first blogged about interviewing Evie Tornquist Karlsson in late 2004. One of the top searches that bring people to my blog is people looking for info on Evie.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Evie again last December, and you can go here for a link to actually listen to that interview if you like.

Anyhoo (isn't "anyhoo" a funny word?)...I got this e-mail the other day from Jeremy Garrett (no relation to me that I know of, although Garrett is my maiden name!) in Knoxville, TN: "I just found your interview with Evie that you did last December and enjoyed it very much.

"I wanted to share with you that I found a website that has two new CDs by Evie for sale including the 'Come On, Ring Those Bells' collection that she talked about.
You can find them at this website: http://www.musichristian.com/artistprofiles.php?author=Evie.

"I just placed an order for both CDs and paid $33.24 and I've seen people paying twice that for just one of these on eBay. This website is a great place for Evie fans to get their hands on BOTH of these collections for an affordable price."

Jeremy, THANK YOU so much! I get so many requests for info about how to get ahold of Evie's music. People seem to think that because I've interviewed her, I am the go-to girl for all things Evie. Unfortunately, that's not true. Hopefully this site will help people who are trying to locate her music.

Grace Bailey...she's only 4-feet-eleven and she's going to heaven...



Also just this week, I got a comment from 14-year-old singer Grace Bailey: "My name is Grace,I'm 14 years old ,4'11'' and I sing Southern Gospel Music. I just released my 1st album and it is titled 4'11" after the same song EVIE made famous!!!!!
I have been trying to find an adress on her so I can send her a copy but I haven't had any luck!!! If anyone has it please email me!! my website is( gracebailey.org )and you can listen to a clip from my 4'11" there too!!!!!"

I went to Grace's website and listened to a few clips, and Grace really does have a nice voice, and a vivacious and energetic attitude.

My adorable grandson is growing...




Last but not least, the latest pic of my beautiful, adorable grandson Payton (born January 31st). Isn't he just the cutest thing you've ever seen? It's hard to believe he's almost three months old!

Everyone go out and have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails