13 things to tell you about
The demise of the Thursday Thirteen meme was brief. Just days after the manager of TT bowed out, two other bloggers bought the rights. (So, Randy, no excuses! :))
(By the way, if you're a Thirteen'er who is just cruising by to sign my TT, I'll understand that you're not going to have time to look any of these links up right now. I'd love it if you bookmark the page and come back when you have more time, though!)
Here we go...13 things to tell you about...
1) In connection with the Amazing Grace movie, here's a touching video about the song.
2) Looking for a good used car? Consumer Reports is out with its "Good Bets" list. They also list the bad bets.
3) Today is Whuppity Scoorie Day in Lanark, Scotland. There's a Lanark, Illinois...I wonder if they celebrate Whuppity Scoorie day there?
4) There's now help for your carsick dog. (And are there many things much worse than a carsick dog?)
5) I really enjoyed last night's episode of Lost. I appreciate the show's moments of lightness and comic relief, and this episode focused on the importance of hope. And I love Hurley!
6) The resting place of Anna Nicole Smith's body has finally been determined. I've found the whole saga very sad.
7) Leading archaeologists are calling "The Lost Tomb of Jesus" documentary "a stunt."
8) So Madonna is now having to tell her daughter not to wear sexy clothes? Several adages come to mind here, among them: "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree" and "you reap what you sow." Wonder when Lourdes will point out Mom's nasty coffee table book?
9) Robin Lee Hatcher blogs about an atheist who "sold his soul on eBay." What he did was attend a lot of different churches, and apparently his impressions are rather eye-opening.
10) One of the coolest posts I've seen in a long time--you MUST check it out if you haven't yet--Carol's at She Lives. (Yep, it's where I got the idea for the "ticket" pictured above.)
11) Good news if you're a Kellie Pickler fan: she returns to American Idol tonight to sing her latest song.
12) Using a certain popular phrase as a catch-all for anything disagreeable...could get you in trouble.
13) I'm sure it's not easy being a conservative in Hollywood, but apparently there are some who are making their voices heard.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Related Tags: Amazing Grace, Consumer Reports, Whuppity Scoorie, Lanark, Scotland, dogs, "Lost," Anna Nicole Smith, "The Lost Tomb of Jesus," archaeology, Madonna, Robin Lee Hatcher, She Lives, Kellie Pickler, American Idol