Wednesday, March 07, 2007

This, that and the other...



I've mentioned this before, but I have to say it again: Mei Flower is one of my favorite blogs. Written by a young woman who teaches high school (that alone is enough to make it interesting!) this blog has a delightful, charming appeal. Mei is just really funny. She's made me laugh out loud countless times.

In "American Idol Sucks My Soul Out and Eats It," Mei reviews last night's American Idol, in which the guy contestants sang and were, for the most part, less than stellar. Her review is pretty much spot-on and very humorous.

My friend Joel is blogging the Shepherd's Conference

My friend and former co-worker Joel Griffith of The Seventh Sola is attending the Shepherd's Conference at Grace Community Church in California, and he's blogging about it.

From Grace Community Church's website: "...it is our common commitment to the truth that underscores the reason we gather each year. It is also the reason we invite faithful and gifted servants of the Lord to proclaim the Word of truth to us. This year, we are pleased to have Mark Dever, Ligon Duncan, Steve Lawson, Al Mohler, and John Piper join us, as they refresh our hearts through the ministry of the Word. In a day when even the idea of truth is unpopular, what a joy it will be to hear the truth declared clearly and without hesitation."

Says Joel: "This will be my first [Shepherd's Conference], but I know from those who have attended that they go all out to make this a wonderful, edifying week for all who are there." He asks for prayer for the event's speakers and attendees, as well as host pastor John MacArthur and Grace Community Church.

...and Wayback Wednesday!

A year ago at this time, I was blogging about my love for Chicago, Larnelle Harris, and coincidentally, something funny that Joel Griffith said! Do check it out if you're so inclined.

Related Tags:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails