Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday Melange



Melange: a mixture often of incongruous elements

My new grandson--my very first grandchild--Payton, is going on two weeks old now. This is one of my most recent photos of him. Isn't he just the most adorable baby in the world? :)

Speaking of pictures...I finally updated the one of myself on my sidebar. The previous picture was four years old. I figured it was about time.

Also speaking of pictures...here's one taken several weeks ago of me and my daughter Elizabeth. It's hard to believe she will be 20 years old this week, and my son Justin will be 24! Where did the time go?



My heart's in the Lowlands...



Any Liz Curtis Higgs book in an Event, so I was delighted to receive a copy of Liz's "armchair travel" book about Scotland, My Heart's in the Lowlands.

Not only do I love Liz and her writing, I love Scotland--or at least (never having been there) I'm powerfully drawn to that country, and have longed to visit it for years. Maybe this book will be the next best thing?

Hopefully I'll be interviewing the wonderful Liz in the near future, and of course, I'll blog about it. Did you doubt it?

Don't forget we're streaming live...

You can listen to the radio stations I work for, 101QFL and Radio 91, any time, any where, as long as you have a computer and access to the internet. Just go to the station's website and click on "Listen Live."

My morning show co-host, Darren Marlar, got this e-mail today from a listener in Indonesia:

"It’s been awhile.. at a whim I thought that maybe you were streaming again. And you are! It’s great to hear you in Bandung, Indonesia where my wife and 3 teenage children live and work. We are teachers at BAIS. We moved here in 2003 from Janesville, WI and miss good Christian radio. It feels good to hear 'hometown' radio. Thanks for being on again! We don’t miss the snow and cold though. I listened three hours of your show tonight while I tried to get caught up on grades for my students. Thanks for helping me out."

Is that cool, or what? If you do end up listening to our live stream, do drop us an e-mail and let us know, and where you're listening from.

Pyromaniacs is back!

This blog, like its founder Phil Johnson, never minces words and is sometimes controversial. But even if you don't agree with it, it will definitely make you think, and will often teach you something.

By the way, Phil is the curator of all things Charles Haddon Spurgeon at The Spurgeon Archive.
Pyromaniacs is back after a short hiatus. Welcome!

Related Tags:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails