Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Six weird things about me



I've been tagged

Norma of Collecting My Thoughts has tagged me to list Six Weird Things about Me. It's kind of disturbing how easy it was to come up with six things!

Here we go:

1. I have never played Monopoly.--I know, it seems almost un-American. And I don't really know why I've never played it, because all my life, Monopoly games have gone on all around me. To this day, my kids occasionally play it with friends at my home, and I never take part. Just...never played it.

2. I like ketchup on a lot of unusual things.--This is a weirdness that I try not to display when dining out, simply out of consideration to my fellow diners who may be grossed out. But I like ketchup on steak, fish, baked potatoes, eggs, rice...I just love ketchup. I will admit, though, that as my tastes have matured, I don't rely on ketchup as much as I used to. I can actually savor the flavor of things without glopping ketchup all over them. But the fact remains...I love ketchup. I've even blogged about it.

3. I'm not very organized EXCEPT in weird little ways.--It's strange...it's like I have selective organization. I can let my desk get very untidy, and forget to enter important things on my calendar... but when I put my make-up on, I have to have every make-up item lined up neatly before me. I'm micro-organized in other ways as well. Weird, huh?

4. I have strange housecleaning methods.--I hate housecleaning, although I love the results. Often, I have to motivate myself to clean. So, often I'll use a timer. I'll set the timer for 10 or 15 minutes, and see how much of a room I can get clean in that amount of time. When the timer goes off, I have to move on to another room (although I can come back to any room later). It's like I'm in a little competition with myself to see how much I can get done.

If I don't have a timer handy, I'll use a "song method." I'll see how much of a room I can clean for the length of a song on the radio or a CD. When the song changes, it's on to another room. Now, I don't always use these methods...sometimes I just dig in and clean a room until it's clean, nonstop. But if I'm really dreading the whole housecleaning thing, these little games help me. I know...weird.

5. I never take the first magazine off the stack. --I love magazines, but I will never buy the first one that's facing me on the rack. Even if it shows no signs of being picked over or dog-eared, it's not for me. My magazine must be as pristine and perfect as possible.

6. I don't like circuses.--I never have, even when I was a child. I wasn't scared of them, or scared of the clowns, so that has nothing to do with it. I've just always found them boring. I know...weird.

I'm not going to tag anyone with this, but if you'd like to do it in my comments section or on your own blog, feel free!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails