Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My 101QFL Page




My colleague, Rick Hall, recently sent me a list of questions for my page on the 101QFL website. Since some of these things may be of interest, and since you might be too lazy to click on the actual page, I decided to thoughtfully post my answers here. Just for fun. Here you go:

HOMETOWN
Rockford, Illinois for the past 26 years, but I was a missionary/preacher’s kid who lived all over—including Beirut, Lebanon. Most of my extended family lives in Texas, and I call the Lone Star State my second home!

LITTLE KNOWN FACTS ABOUT ME
I got to ask astronaut John Glenn a question during a student news conference when I was in the fifth grade! I think that kick-started my career as a reporter. Other facts? I’m a fairly expert calligrapher, and I do a mean Dolly Parton impression.

KIDS
Jonathan, born in 1980 (he’s married to Daylyn and lives in Texas); Justin, born in 1983, and Elizabeth, born in 1987.

PETS
Stormy the German Shepherd and Brandy the toy poodle (yes, they get along fine!)

TIVO ANY SHOWS
I don’t have Tivo yet, but I like “Lost,” “The Apprentice,” “Scrubs” and “American Idol.”

PERSONAL HEROES
My mother and Ronald Reagan

SCARIEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE
Running from the U.S Capitol grounds during what everyone thought was a terrorist attack, but was actually just a plane accidentally venturing into DC airspace! I thought I was going to die!

BIGGEST PET PEEVE
People who ask me to tell them who they should vote for in an election

MOST ANNOYING HABIT
Of mine? Biting my nails. Of other people? Tossing their dirty clothes on the floor instead of putting them in the dirty clothes hamper.

MOST MEMORABLE ROAD TRIP
As a teenager, traveling with my grandparents up through the Colorado Rockies on the way to visit my sister in Utah. I will never forget the incredible scenery, and it makes me long to go back to Colorado to this day!

FAST FOOD
BeefARoo, without a doubt!

WHEN I FIRST KNEW I WANTED TO BE A DJ
When, as a Bible college student, I volunteered to answer phones for the local Christian station’s sharathon. And I suppose earlier than that, when as a kid I used to interview people on my portable tape recorder!

IF I WAS NOT A DJ, I WOULD BE

A full-time voice-over artist and/or a published writer of fiction.

FAVORITE 101QFL MOMENT
With 25 years of memories behind me, that’s just too hard to single out!

RADIO BACKGROUND
I worked for three years at KWFC Radio in Springfield, Missouri before moving to Rockford.

There you go...even more than you probably ever wanted to know about me! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails