Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A report from my dear colleagues in Nashville...


Chris Carmichael, Former Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell, and Rick Hall

Nope, I didn't get to go the Gospel Music Association convention in Nashville this year. It's the first time I haven't been to Nashville during GMA week since I first went in 2000. However, the next best thing is hearing from my co-workers, Chris Carmichael and Rick Hall, who have been broadcasting live from GMA all week.

I'm particular thrilled for Chris, who has been working here at 101QFL for six years and is just now getting to experience GMA. I love Chris to death, and I'm happy for him that he's finally getting this opportunity!

Some people (including the artists themselves) question the need for an awards event like the Doves...but there's no denying that for a Christian music fan, it's a blast! I miss the whole GMA experience. The seminars impart valuable and practical advice, and it's just fun rubbing shoulders with the artists. I hope I get to go again someday. (I was set to host a tour of Nashville during GMA week this year, but not enough people signed up, so it was cancelled.)

Chris and Rick have been keeping a blog of their GMA experiences, and they've also put up a photo album of some of the artists they've been interviewing. Great job, guys!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails