Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Just time for a fly-by today...

My mom and my two sisters arrived this past Saturday (my mom and Lisa from Texas, Bev from Wyoming), and I've been having a blast with them! My sisters are my best friends, so I'm enjoying every possible moment with them.

I did want to point you to a funny exchange at Amy's Humble Musings. Amy was pondering why people seem to automatically know that she is a homeschooler. She describes a chat she had with a woman while their kids were playing at a playground:

"...she quickly cut to the chase and inquired, “Are you a homeschooler?”

"Gee, how’d she know?

"I pointed out that I wasn’t wearing a denim jumper, and I pointed out that she, too, is a homeschooler, as she has a baby and toddler underfoot. (Hint: learning doesn’t begin at age six.) Then, she asked me if I was religious. (That was a good one.) Now, not only do we talk the part, but we “look” it as well. (I’m thinking it was the Von Trapp family line-up that we do when we call our kids?)"

Love Amy's humor! The denim jumper line cracked me up.

Have a great day, everyone. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails