Thursday, January 09, 2014

Thursday Favorite Things: Eye Shadow Palettes



OK...anyone who knows me knows that I am a make-up junkie!

I'm not going to go into the pros and cons of wearing make-up, how much is too much, etc.  I only know that as a "woman of a certain age," looking my best inevitably involves applying a little paint to the old barn, if you know what I mean.

As he sometimes does on my December birthday, my husband gifted me this year with Estee Lauder's Blockbuster gift with purchase.

It was a make-up lover's dream.  Among the stand-outs: the eye shadow palette.  The colors are absolutely lovely, go on beautifully, and fulfill just about any eye-shadow needs a make-up lover could have.

Here's a closer look:



I am absolutely loving this palette.  Here's me wearing a few of the colors (click to make the picture larger):


On my lid: Estee Lauder Ivy Envy, Satin
In my crease: Estee Lauder Lavish Mink, Matte
Under my eyebrows: Nude Fresco, Satin

While this palette is no longer available,  you can buy the individual colors at your Estee Lauder counter.  Which is what I plan to do with the Lavish Mink color.  It's exactly the deep, dark shade I love in a brown eye shadow.

Are you a cosmetics junkie too?  I'd love to hear about your favorite palettes and products!

I'm taking part today in Katherine's Corner's Thursday Favorite Things blog hop!


2 comments:

Katherines Corner said...

you are an awesome bloggy friend. Thank you for sharing the hop with your readers. Love your rainbow of colored shadows. You are beautiful ♥ Thank you so much for helping to make the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop so much fun Hugs!

Unknown said...

thanks to share with us i have read similar article on another blog geokahanilive.blogspot.com you are doing amazing work keep it up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails