Friday, March 08, 2013

My life lately on Instagram

This past week was memorable mainly for the big almost-spring snowstorm we got here in Northwest Illinois.  I captured some images on Instagram...enjoy! (And if you live in a warm climate, be glad you didn't have to shovel snow.  Well, I didn't either...my awesome husband uses a snow blower...but I'm just saying! :))

The road to where I work (my husband was driving)

The view out the back door at work (and yes, people brave this to smoke cigarettes))

This is a "latergram"--a picture that you actually took earlier, but you post on Instagram.  This was taken during my last visit to Texas.  My little grandson Josiah was watching cartoons in my mom's bedroom.  He was soooo sleepy and ready for a nap. :)



I had a lot of fun with an app called Sketch Guru, that can take a photo and turn it into a pencil sketch, a colored-pencil sketch, or even a watercolor--as in the pic of myself below.  Above is another "latergram," this one of my oldest grandson, Payton.


This is the watercolor option in Sketch Guru.  So much fun!


With St. Patrick's Day coming up, I've been tinkering around with Irish calligraphy.  This is an Irish blessing I did.  I love the look of the Celtic lettering.


A Loch Ness "snowman"? I saw this on my way home from work and just had to snap it.  (It took some doing to take a pic that fits into Instagram's sizing parameters.)

Are you on Instagram? Do you enjoy it? Do you use it quite a bit? Let me know in my comments section!

I'm linking up with Home Sanctuary today for Company Girl Coffee!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails