Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Adorable Daughter


Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!

My beautiful, adorable daughter Elizabeth Ashley is 25 years old today.

She's my baby--my sons are almost 32 and almost 29.

Yes, it does make me feel kind of old--but it seems like just yesterday that  she was born.  They did have ultrasounds in those days :), but we chose not to find out her gender until she was born.

I adored my two boys, and I reassured everyone that I would be perfectly happy to welcome another little guy, but in my heart of hearts, I longed for a daughter.

When I heard the doctors and nurses say "It's a girl!" that was one of the happiest moments of my life!  Finally, lace, ruffles, pink, girly things!

Elizabeth has brought us so much joy in these 25 years.  My constant prayer is that God will continue to guide her life, and that she will continue to put him first.

I love you, Lizzy Boo!


For the first time today, I'm linking up with "Thursday Favorite Things", hosted by Katherine's Corner!


Thursday Favorite Things

16 comments:

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

Your daughter looks just like you! Happy birthday to her, she is beautiful. What pretty blue eyes.

Kelly said...

Birthdays are THE best!! And you and your daughter look so much alike!! So pretty :)

Adrienne Shubin said...

She looks so much like you! You both are so beautiful.

My stepdaughter's birthday is today - she is 21!

Susan Shull said...

Hello! So glad to meet another Illinois blogger! Your daughter is just beautiful and she does look like you. I would like to follow you, but I'm not sure about the networked blog thing-a-majig. Any tips?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comment about the "fraying" ruffled skirt :) I have a daughter named Elizabeth, too (15) and she's so very special to me (adopted from Romania at 15 mos.) Hugs ~ Mary

Katherines Corner said...

Happy birthday to your lovely daughter. She is beautiful like her Mother. Thank you for extending your bloggy friendship. I look forward to many more visits. xo P.S. many thanks for sharing the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop with your readers!

Elisabeth said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter, Elizabeth!
She looks so much like you, and I'm sure you have a wonderful relationship with her:D
Many blessing to you, both!
Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

Susan Shull said...

Hello! It's me again. I read today that Google friend is going kaput soon. That is why I added the linky. I don't know if that means we lose the followers we have and need to re-follow our favs or what. I'm new at all this!

Cindy Swanson said...

Wow, I didn't know that about Google Friend Connect! Bummer. Not sure what I'll do about it!

Menopausal New Mom said...

She's so gorgeous and looks so much like you. A real beauty. Hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating her birthday together :)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

OH, you have a clone of yourself, just adorable and what a sweet entry! Yes, there is something so special about having a daughter. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

It's unbelievable how much you two look alike. She's just gorgeous.

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

Y'all could be twins! I enjoyed browsing your blog and will be following on facebook. Thanks for visiting mrs. hines class today.

Sharon

Jenna Duty said...

whoa she looks just like you! beautiful!! hope she had a great day!!

xoxo
Jenna Duty

www.thedutyfamily.blogspot.com

Suburban Girl said...

She looks JUST LIKE YOU! Very pretty.

Kmcblackburn said...

Happy birthday, and holy cannoli.....you two are cut out of the exact same mold...which is a lovely thing :)

Kathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails