Thursday, August 06, 2009

13 Favorite/Famous Movie Quotes



(OK, this is a repeat...originally posted in June of last year...but it's worth reprising! Feel free to add yours in my comments section!)

This was the subject of our Fun Poll on the Marlar in the Morning show 101QFL a while back, and I thought it would make a good Thursday Thirteen. Here are some favorites (some of mine, some of other peoples') in no particular order...


--"What we do in life echoes in eternity." "Gladiator," 2000.

-- "You're gonna need a bigger boat." "Jaws," 1975.

-- "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." "The Godfather Part II," 1974.

-- "Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac ... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!" "Caddyshack," 1980.

--"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary." "Dead Poets Society," 1989.

--"Every man dies, not every man really lives."--"Braveheart," 1995.

--"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."--"The Princess Bride," 1987

--"I'm your huckleberry."--"Tombstone," 1993.

--"Round up the usual suspects." --and--

--"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."--"Casablanca," 1942

--"Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."--"Ferris Bueller's Day Off," 1986

--"I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure."--"Chariots of Fire," 1981

--"Although my memory's fading, I remember two things very clearly. I'm a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior." "Amazing Grace," 2006

What are your favorites?


2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

"Face it, girls. I'm older and I have more insurance."

--- and ---

"Tawanda!"

- Fried Green Tomatoes

Randy Spradlin said...

I've always loved Val Kilmer's performance in "Tomestone" as Doc. "I'm your huckleberry" is one of my favorite lines.

But, my favorite comes from a more obscure but fantastic series called, "Rich Man, Poor Man 2" that starred Peter Strauss. His nephew is hurt in Las Vegas, his senate career is in jeopardy and he has to take on the antagonist. When Maggie, his attorney and love interest says "what about us?" all Rudy Jordache (Strauss) can say is, "I'm not thinking past Vegas." He never made it back to D.C. Even after 32 years that scene still haunts me to this day. Art does imitate life at times.

Related Posts with Thumbnails