Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My interview with Danny Gokey



It's no secret to any of you who read this blog that I enjoy American Idol. Every season I seem to zero in on one or two people who become my favorites, that I pull for along the way. But this past season, I found my favorite American Idol contestant of all time--29-year-old Danny Gokey of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

I had already fallen in love with this young man's voice and spirit before I found out that he is a Christian, and that he actually led worship at a church in nearby Beloit, Wisconsin--which happens to be in the listening area of the radio station where I work.

I'm delighted that I was able to do a phone interview with him! I have to tell you that he comes across as sweet, humble, and good-humored...just as I expected.

We chatted about a number of things, from how his faith has gotten him through the past year (which included the unexpected death of his young wife, as well as his success on American Idol), to who some of his favorite Christian singers are, to his dreams and hopes for the foundation he named after his wife.

And of course, the big question: when is his album coming out?

You can listen to the entire 12-minute interview here.

3 comments:

kaykay said...

Thanks for the POSITIVE article on Danny. He has been through the ringer in the media and it's so refreshing to see someone shine a positive light on his greatness!

Barbara H. said...

Thanks for that, Cindy! I enjoyed it.

Juliet said...

Great interview!

Related Posts with Thumbnails