Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm tagged! Seven things about me...



...and a wonderful birthday

Before I get into the meme, I have to mention my birthday, which was Wednesday. The picture is of my daughter Elizabeth and me at Red Robin, where she and my husband took me for lunch that day. (I added the seasonal border on Snapfish, just for fun.) Both of them got me gifts that I had mentioned in passing and was very excited about receiving! My husband was a sweetheart, and made me feel great. It was a happy day.

As I get farther on the down side of fifty, you would think each birthday would be more depressing. However, my wonderful family made it a happy occasion. And I have to admit that it's encouraging to know that I'm probably healthier now than I was in my forties. I'm definitely taking better care of myself. I'm going to continue my personal mission statement of being the very best fifty-something woman I can be!

Thank you SO much to those of you who took time to wish me happy birthday on Facebook. That was so much fun, and so appreciated!

OK, now the meme...


My wonderful blogging friend Ann-Marie has tagged me with a meme in which I have to tell seven things about myself. I must admit I'm going to cheat a little, because I was tagged with a similar meme a few years ago, and some of my answers will be the same.

Here we go:



1. I spent two years in Beirut, Lebanon, when I was a child (my parents were missionaries.) The picture you see is of Beirut, and it is remarkably like my first impression of the city from our ship. As a litte girl I was immediately enchanted by the beauty of the place, which was not yet marred by war.

2. In the fifth grade, while in Lebanon, I got to help interview astronaut John Glenn. (I've blogged about the experience here.)

3. My favorite book of all time, not including the Bible which goes without saying, is Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte.

4. My family tree includes a lot of Scottish and Irish on both sides, but my mother's father was full-blooded Greek.

5. I am a grandmother, and it's one of my favorite roles in life! Little Payton Charles Douglas Swanson will be 2 years old on January 31st.

6. I don't like circuses. I'm not scared of them, I just don't like them.

7. I am a voice-over artist, and my voice can be heard on tutorials for several computer programs and a lot of phone surveys for restaurants and other businesses, among other things.

You're supposed to tag seven people with this and leave comments on their blog letting them know you tagged them...but I'm going to take the lazy way out and just invite everyone who reads to do this. Feel free to do it on your own blog, or in my comments section...I love getting to know my readers!

9 comments:

Dianne said...

You know, i went on a blind date years ago and the guy had two middle names, just like your grandson! and those middle names were charles and douglas - how about that? and his first name was clinton. oh but i loved that extra name! unfortunately i embarrassed myself several times over that night as only a 14 year old can do, and that was the last of CCDV!

Cindy Swanson said...

What a coincidence, Dianne! My younger son (not Payton's father) also has four names...he is Justin Garrett Melvin Swanson. Garrett was my maiden name, and Melvin is my husband's father.

Randy Spradlin said...

Cindy,

Here are my seven. 1- I'm left-handed. I used to think it was horrible but after all, only 12 percent of the nation is, so I am in an elite class, ha. 2- I'm the oldest of seven children. 3- I love maps. I can stare at a world atlas for time on end. I look at how far one place is to another. It's quirky, but I love maps! 4- I love flashlights. If I'm in a Wallyworld, I can't seem to pass them up. 5- If I had to do it all over again, I would have become an airline pilot. I love to fly and I'm not afraid of heights. 6- I love fast cars. 7- I'm a born again Christian who really knows what it is to be "born again." Unfortunately in this country it's getting harder for people to really understand what a true Christian is. Sad indeed.

Well, there's my seven CindyLou. Have a good weekend.

Randy

Cindy Swanson said...

Thanks for playing, Randy! I don't think I knew about your secret desire to be a pilot. :)

My oldest son is left-handed, too...I think it's pretty cool

Juliet said...

A belated happy birthday! Age never seemed to bother me. I just enjoy each day. The only thing I found hard, was saying the age. Like forty, then fifty now it's sixty. Time does fly. How did I get this old?

Thanks for posting 7 things about you. Fact are always interesting to me especially when connect to people.

Solameanie said...

Happy belated birthday, Cindy. I've been out of commission with bronchitis, or I would have chimed in earlier.

I can't think of seven interesting things about me. I'm as bland as day old milquetoast.

SmilingSally said...

I've played this on a post. It's fun getting to know each other a bit better. Your daughter is a beautiful young lady; she looks like her mom. Happy Birthday.

Ann-Marie said...

Thanks for playing along, Cindy! I enjoyed your seven things. I promise to wait to tag you for, oh, seven more years! :-) LOL!

LauraLee Shaw said...

Happy Birthday late Cindy!!! You look so skinny in that pic!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails