Monday, April 09, 2007

Monday, Monday...

Back from my trip to Chicago



The view from our hotel window

Our trip to Chicago was kind of a mixed bag, as they say.

On the one hand, we had a wonderful room on the 21st floor of the Hyatt Regency. (We got a really good deal on Hotwire.) I took the picture above at twilight on the first night we were there. We truly enjoyed our hotel room, and just getting to spend time together, relax, re-connect, and be lazy. That part was awesome.

On the other hand, the weather just refused to cooperate. The temperature never got above the 30's while we were there, and not only was it cold, but very windy. Walking around in the freezing cold isn't my idea of a fabulous time. Yet, we did do a lot of walking anyway. So I did get some good exercise.

My poor husband was also suffering from back pain.

So everything wasn't perfect. It rarely is, though, right? We still managed to have a good time, and it was a much-needed getaway. And we were in one of my favorite cities in the world. We learned a lot that we can use in future overnight stays...ways to cut costs, etc.

I've already decided that our next such visit will take place...

IN THE SUMMERTIME.

P. S. Below is another picture I took while in Chicago. Can anyone guess what it is?



Hope everyone had a blessed Easter!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails