Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Wednesday hodge-podge


Some random thoughts, comments and links on this Wednesday...

Oh, the pic is of Scottish actor Angus Macfadyen, by the way. He played Robert the Bruce in Braveheart, and I thought he was one of the best things about the movie. Every emotion played out on his face and in his eyes. It has always surprised me that he hasn't become more of a star after that performance, which amazingly, was more than 10 years ago.

In checking imdb.com, I see that Macfadyen did make a few guest appearances on Alias. Good for him. That's one show that I have never really watched, but I wouldn't mind checking it out on DVD.

"Pimpfants"??? Good grief...

Check out this new line of babywear. Eeesh.

Life is still not back to normal in Lakeshore...

It's easy for those of us who were not directly affected by Hurricane Katrina to assume that everything's back to normal in the areas ravaged by the storm.

Not so, as you'll find when you read Don Elbourne's blog. As I've mentioned here before, Don is the pastor of Lakeshore Baptist Church in Lakeshore, Mississippi. Rebuild Lakeshore.com calls the church "a beacon of hope for the ongoing relief, recovery, and rebuilding efforts."

Don has been doing a good job chronicling those continuing efforts in his blog lately. Donna Jean of Liberty and Lily recently returned from a trip to Lakeshore to help out..she promises to blog about it as well.

Don writes: "Every night, when I lay my head on a pillow to get a few hours of rest, I do so leaving so much undone. Taking time off means that even more phone calls will be left unreturned, dozens of emails unsent, scores of questions unanswered, and hundreds of urgent issues set aside."

Recently, he did give in to the urgings of friends and loved ones and took a short time off to attend the Together for the Gospel conference in Louisville, Kentucky.

Green with envy? You bet I am...

The wonderful Katy McKenna Raymond of Fallible is in IRELAND now. As I've mentioned here frequently, it is my heart's desire to visit that lovely country. In the meantime, I'll get a vicarious thrill out of Katy's exploits there.

Be sure to read this post if you need a good chuckle.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails