Friday, March 04, 2005

Friday stuff



Hey! I'm an English Genius!

Well, at least according to this quiz (hat tip to A Likely Story).

Here's my score:

"English Genius"

"You scored 93% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 77% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!"

The quiz mainly involves commonly confused words and phrases.

Feast Day!
It's been a while since I've taken the Friday's Feast quiz, so here goes!

Appetizer - Who is the one person you email more often than anyone else?--I'm actually not a big e-mailer, but I'd have to say probably my sister Lisa...and it's usually just to give her a link to something, or send her a pic. If I have something to say to someone, I usually just call them!

Soup - So far, which year of your life has been the most enjoyable?--Wow, that's a tough one. There are enjoyable things about every year, mixed in with sad and difficult and mundane and exciting things. Looking back, though, I really enjoyed 1983. My second son, Justin, was born then, and I had an adorable three-year-old, Jonathan. Our little family spent the entire summer of '83 in Austin, Texas, so for a few months, I got to experience what it was like to actually be around my folks all the time, and I LOVED it, and I loved Texas (and still do!)


Salad - Name someone with whom you have lost touch but would like to reunite.--My best friend in junior high (Vidor Junior High School, Vidor, Texas), Linda Sims. She was wonderful--funny, musically talented, a great writer, a dear friend. I moved away after junior high, but we stayed in touch through letters and even saw each other a few times...I believe the last time was right after I graduated from high school in 1974. Linda, if you're out there, shout me a holla!

Main Course - What was the tastiest meal you had this past week?--I made baked Sweet n' Sour chicken and served it with brown rice and a tossed salad. Yummy!

Dessert - Using the letters in your favorite color, write three words that describe your personality.--Philosophical, Interesting (I hope!), Nice (I try to be. That leaves K. (OK, that was lame.)

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails