Friday, August 20, 2004

This is SO Friday....



...and time to answer the Friday Feast questions! Fun!

Appetizer
What does the color pink make you think of?--Pretty things...femininity...baby girls...flowers...springtime...

Soup
Name something you have lost but later found.--Oh, wow. This just happened to me recently...not once, but TWICE in the past couple of months.

First of all, shortly after we visited Texas at Easter, I realized that one of my favorite earrings was missing. The pair were given to me by a dear friend for Christmas last year, and they were the only earrings I have that actually contain real diamonds. Tiny, delicate, lovely earrings. AND ONE WAS MISSING. It made me sick. I never told my friend, hoping it would turn up somewhere.

When I was in Texas recently, I mentioned to my mom, just on the off-chance, "You didn't happen to find a little ear-ring, did you...?" "YES!" Sure enough, it was my missing earring. What a happy feeling!

Not too long ago, I lost a birthstone ring my husband had given me on our anniversary several years ago. I loved that little ring, but I had apparently taken it off before a bath and forgotten that I put it somewhere for safekeeping and promptly forgot about it. Again, the delight when I happened upon it.

Getting the idea that giving me jewelry is NOT a good idea? Well, normally I'm really good about keeping track of things I love. I've just been unusually distracted and scatterbrained lately. Friends who have had parents who were very ill and/or passed away, tell me they went through the same thing. So I'm hoping this brain freeze is just temporary.

Salad
In 3 words, describe this past week.--Insanely stress-inducing BUSY!

Main Course
What are you obsessed with?--I don't really think I'm obsessed with anything. But if I had to give an answer, I would probably have to say (and I'm not proud of this):--affirmation. Maybe it's not an obsession, but it's a very strong need.

Dessert

What kind of perfume or cologne do you like to wear?--I have two main favorites. Although other fragrances float in and out of my life--for instance, I'm really liking the smell of Carolina Herrera right now, and when I'm broke and fragrance-less I just buy Jovan White Musk at Wal-Mart, and usually get compliments on it--I traditionally go with Estee Lauder's Pleasures for spring and summer, and Clinique's Aromatics Elixir for fall and winter. In fact, Doug just bought me Aromatics Elixir for our 26th wedding anniversary. A little goes a long way, and it takes a while to settle in, but I absolutely LOVE it.


Have a wonderful and blessed weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

joydriven said...

hi there, cindy.
i posted my answers on mine.
=)

Related Posts with Thumbnails