Thursday, April 15, 2004

Those incredible Round Rock donuts...



"Speaking of Round Rock," Joy asked in my comments section, "did you pick up one of the famous donuts?"

Well, Joy, you had to ask, didn't you? Of course I did. More than one. :) My sister Lisa sees to it that a box or two arrives hot and fresh from Round Rock Donuts at least one morning, each time I visit home, and this time was no exception.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...although I love Krispy Kremes, Round Rock donuts are my favorite. Krispy Kremes slip down your throat with all the consistency of cotton candy. You can eat a half-dozen of them without feeling like you ate anything but sugar-coated air. While still light, Round Rock donuts are somehow a bit more substantial. OK, I can eat three at a sitting before I start to O-D on the sugar (I try to limit myself to two, but I'm only human!)

This from the bakery's official website:

"So what makes us so special? Quite honestly, we haven’t quite put our finger on that one yet. Maybe it’s the fresh, sweet aroma that wafts out to I-35 that pulls people off the highway. Maybe it’s the warm, melt-in-your-mouth feel you get with every bite. Or just maybe, it’s people wanting to taste a little bit of old time Texas. Because like barbecue and country music, our famous yellow (or are they orange?) donuts have been woven into the fabric of Central Texas for quite some time."

Speaking of websites...take a moment to check out Joy's , and also effigy , her lovely and captivating poetry and photography blog. Maybe I'm biased because Joy is a hometown girl, but I think both blogs are terrific!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails