Monday, August 19, 2013

Visible Monday: 35th Anniversary Day Trip to Chicago!

Today is my 35th wedding anniversary! On Saturday, my husband and I went into Chicago to celebrate.  We had lunch at one of my favorite places to eat in Chicago, Rosebud on Rush, did a little shopping and sightseeing.  I love Chicago! We had a great time.


On the way to the Windy City! The weather was absolutely perfect, by the way!





At the restaurant


I wore my hair curly, teased on the top and pinned back on the sides


Not the best outfit of the day shot...sorry!  I was wearing capris from Macy's, cardigan and shell from Target.  This is in the courtyard of the beautiful Fourth Presbyterian Church in downtown Chicago.



Entrance to the Fourth Presbyterian Church in downtown Chicago, where "My Best Friend's Wedding" was filmed.  A wedding was going to take place that evening there!



Had to take a picture of this entrance, just because it was so pretty.  This is the entrance to the John Timothy Stone Chapel of Fourth Presbyterian Church.



A pretty scene on Rush Street.  Chicago really dresses up for summer, with a profusion of hanging baskets and gorgeous flowers everywhere. 



The Hancock Building, one of the tallest buildings in Chicago.  Taken from Chestnut Street.


If you ever get a chance to go to Chicago, GO!  It's one of the most fascinating cities in the world.

I'm participating today in Visible Monday!



8 comments:

Debbie Stinedurf said...

Congrats on your 35th! The trip looks like fun!
Debbie :)
www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Congratulations!! I love it that you have been married 35 years...something to rejoice over!! I fell in love with Chicago this summer after one week there and I wanted more. It is a fabulous city!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful place to be in your life together. Hubby and I will be celebrating 48 in a few weeks. I am also a PK, by the way. Son lives near South Bend, so we always look forward to our visits there so we can make trips into Chicago. Enjoyed meeting you today and look forward to visiting again.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary to you, Cindy. You look beautiful and I love your hair.

susan jakovina said...

We did this for our 10th anniversary 6 years ago and LOVED IT. We live in Toronto and found Chicago to be very similar (just with better shopping!). Happy Anniversary...looking just gorgeous!
xo

Susan\avagracescloset

Gabriala Brown said...

I have always wanted to go to Chicago but never made it there. Maybe someday! You and your hubby looks so happy, I love it! xoxox

JTWisdom said...

Happy 35th Wedding anniversary to you and your husband. Great pictures, glad you had a great trip to Chicago.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Clearly you were a child-bride. You look swell in your black and white print( polkadots?)and silver jewelry! Your hubs is no slouch.
Love me some Chicago ... haven't been since the mid 80s, but wonderful memories of the museums and hotels.
So happy for you and glad that you enjoyed your celebration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails