Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Today is National Fresh Breath Day. Do you know where your Altoids are?

via

Yep, today is National Fresh Breath Day.

From this website:

Dentists and oral care professionals across the nation are hailing Tuesday as a day dedicated to fighting bad breath.
“National Fresh Breath Day is the perfect excuse to jumpstart your oral health routine and stop bad breath once and for all,” says DenTek Brand Manager Rachel Scharfman.
DenTek is one of the nation’s leading producers of oral care products designed to fight the causes of bad breath.
 Most of us know that bad breath can be caused by illness, our diets, dental problems, etc.

But often, correcting bad breath can be as easy brushing your teeth, popping an Altoid or chewing some gum.

BEST TOOTHPASTE FOR KEEPING YOUR BREATH FRESH (IMHO):



I'm very conscious of my breath at all times, so it's rare that you'll find me without a tin of Altoids or my favorite gum, Orbit bubblemint.

Working in radio, I've interviewed people whose morning breath or coffee breath was so offensive I felt like turning away.  I never want to be that person!


A 1950's Listerine ad in which a smelly-breathed teen mourns her bad experience at a party
via

The article I linked to above has some tips for keeping halitosis at bay...including drinking at least 6 to 8 glasses of water a day and flossing regularly.

Ironically, the article nixes mouthwashes containing alcohol (don't they all?) and breathmints containing sugar.  (I chew sugar-free gum, but I think Altoids might contain some sugar? They certainly DO work on garden-variety bad breath, though.)

How about you?

Are you conscious of how your breath smells to other people? What do you do to keep your breath fresh and clean? Any favorite, effective products? Let me know in my comments section!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails