Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Paris, Je T'aime: My tribute to a place to which I've never been



A couple of years ago, I took part in a blog hop hosted by the wonderful Castles, Crowns and Cottages.  The point? To blog about Paris. From the archives, here's my tribute to a place I've never been too, but often dreamed about going!









“If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.”-- Ernest Hemingway




Every city has a sex and an age which have nothing to do with demography. Rome is feminine. So is Odessa. London is a teenager, an urchin, and this hasn’t changed since the time of Dickens. Paris, I believe, is a man in his twenties in love with an older woman.--John Berger




Whoever does not visit Paris regularly will never really be elegant.--Honoré de Balzac







I love Paris in the summer, when it sizzles.--Cole Porter






Everything ends this way in France - everything. Weddings, christenings, duels, burials, swindlings, diplomatic affairs -everything is a pretext for a good dinner.-
Jean Anouilh









This is what you do on your very first day in Paris. You get yourself, not a drizzle, but some honest-to-goodness rain, and you find yourself someone really nice and drive her through the Bois de Boulogne in a taxi. The rain’s very important. That’s when Paris smells its sweetest. It’s the damp chestnut trees.--Audrey Hepburn as Sabrina

I leave you with one of my francophile daughter's favorite French songs. Enjoy...


1 comment:

PJ said...

I spent a week there a few years ago . . . I really, really want to go back. (Even though I speak not a word of French!!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails