Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Today is Invent A New Sandwich Day. Which begs the question...


...is there a sandwich you enjoy which is uniquely of your own creation?

AND/OR...

What's your favorite sandwich?

I can't lay claim to creating a new sandwich variety. The sandwiches I make at home are pretty run-of-the-mill.

Oh, I might throw on some sweet peppers to make it interesting, or slap it on my George Foreman grill for an instant panini. I've been known to get creative about what I put in my tuna salad--I like pretty much everything but the kitchen sink in there, to the consternation of my daughter, who wants some Miracle Whip thrown in and nothing else.

However, I CAN tell you what my favorite sandwich is, currently, and has been for some time.

The Door County Melt.

The Door County Melt is from an amazing little restaurant we have here called Egg Harbor. (The name is misleading; there is oh so much more than eggs at this charming eatery.)



Here's a description of the sandwich, from the restaurant's own menu:

"Our famous all white- meat chicken salad blended with dried cranberries, toasted pecans and crisp diced apples grilled on multi-grain bread with Jack and Cheddar cheeses and ripe tomato."
To quote Ferris Bueller: "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."


My husband Doug and son Justin at Egg Harbor recently

So, have you invented a sandwich? If not, do you have a favorite? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails