Some songs, quotes and other Easter-related things:
1. "Cross of Love," performed by Twila Paris and Steve Green
"We have no tomb in Christianity because we have no corpse."--Padre Sahib
3. "Via Dolorosa," performed by Lea Salonga
"Whoever reads the New Testament seriously, or gives thought to the impact which the apostles made upon their generation, must acknowledge that one outstanding historic event alone spurred that small band of 11 ordinary men
to an amazing task of evangelization in their generation. Defying every
obstacle, loss of home, persecution, even death itself, they evidenced the
supreme relevance in their ministry of the resurrection of Jesus Christ." --Erling C. Olsen
5. "The Easter Song," performed by the 2nd Chapter of Acts
"All heaven is interested in the cross of Christ, all hell terribly afraid of it, while men are the only beings who more or less ignore its meaning."--Oswald Chambers
7. The word "Easter" actually derives from the name of a pagan goddess, which leads many Christians to call it "Resurrection Sunday" instead.
8. Americans spend 2 billion dollars on Easter goodies. They consume 7.1 billion pounds of Easter goodies each year.
9. "Love Crucified Arose," performed by Michael Card
"We are not preaching the Gospel of a dead Christ, but of a living Christ who sits exalted at the Father's right hand, and is living to save all who put their trust in Him...we are not pointing men to a dead Christ; we are preaching a living Christ. He lives exalted at God's right hand, and He 'saves to the uttermost all who come to God by Him.'"--H. A. Ironside
11. My favorite Easter candy is the Cadbury Creme Egg. What's yours?
12. Why are we celebrating Easter so early this year? Just how is the date of Easter determined? Here's the answer.
I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live..."--Jesus Christ, John 11:25