Monday, November 05, 2007

Catching up!


I had strep and lived to tell about it...

Wow...I feel like I've just emerged from a cave. I was diagnosed with strep throat last Wednesday, and didn't go to work Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Thanks to those of you who continued to check out my blog despite the fact that nothing much was going on.

I am much better, by the way...faithfully taking my antibiotics. Thanks to those of you who showed concern!

Anyhoo, I do have some things to share with you today.

An inspirational dieter

At one point this past weekend, I was feeling well enough to peruse some blogs. I decided to check out some of the blogs I've never visited on the Christian Blogosphere blogroll, and that's how I ended up on the blog called The Dip Shtick.

Dave has lost 100 pounds. 100 Pounds!!! That's major. When I asked him for some tips and advice, he kindly sent me an e-mail...which he plans to expand on in a blog post.

Weight Watchers has been key for him, but he also gave me some terrific advice about attitude and persistence. Here's some of what he shared:

Persistence - to always continue when you mess up. To work through the hard days. To stay on the program even if you gain a pound.

Attitude - Maybe this should be first, but you have to have an attitude that you want to lose weight. If I didn't want to lose weight, it would be harder to have discipline and persistence.

Goals - Set short-range attainable goals. My weekly goal is to average 2lbs per week. I use www.joesgoals.com to help me manage my short-term goals. Then I have medium range goals - with rewards. The roller coaster, the uniform all come with rewards. For hitting my 100 lbs, I rewarded myself with a fillet mignon steak. Still within my diet but something I rarely splurge on.


Hats off to David for his accomplishment, and thanks for the inspiration!

Other stuff:

--In anticipation of the 2008 Games, Chinese people are naming their kids "Olympics." (I guess Olympia Dukakis would fit right in, huh?)

--Sure, everyone has something to complain about...but singing about it in four-part harmony? I give you the Complaints Choir of Chicago.

--What level of education is required to read your blog? Supposedly you can find out here, but I couldn't get it to work...kept getting a "Sorry, something went wrong" message. (By the way, hat tip to Evangelical Outpost--whose blog reading level was "College: Undergrad.")

--This is funny! Obviously the cake decorators made a mistake.

Happy Monday, all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better real soon, strep used to get me a couple of times a year until they finally took out my tonsils in Jan. 2005. So far so good and other than my asthma I survive.
Thanks for sharing the inspirational diet blog...really needed that.

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi,So glad to hear you are feeling better! I hate strep!! Missed you!!

Becky said...

I am glad you are feeling better!

Thanks for the tip about the reading level. I tried it and my blog's level is elementary school. I don't know if that's good or bad....

Unknown said...

Thanks Cindy!

I appreciate the nice comments.

Regards,
Dave
http://www.dipshtick.com

Karla Porter Archer said...

glad you are feeling better!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails