Monday, July 23, 2007
It's a busy Monday for me...but I'm taking time to answer the Monday Madness quiz. Feel free to do this meme on your own blog or in my comments section!
1. Are there any weird "food rules" you have? Feel free to list as many as you like.--I can't think of any food rules. I have friends who can't have anything on their plate touching each other. My main food "weirdness" is tht I sometimes eat ketchup on things that most people don't use ketchup on---like baked potatoes, rice, and macaroni and cheese.
2. When you were growing up, what ONE thing did your parents always remind you of, when it came to meal time (or cooking)?--We asked the blessing before every meal.
3. Is there anyone you know whose food you won't eat (for one reason or another)?--Not that I can think of...but I'm a little leery of some dishes at church potlucks.
4. Is there anything you "specialize" in cooking, that people actually ask for?--My kids really like my beef stew, my banana bars and my graham cracker dessert.
5. When you were growing up, what one meal do you remember as being your favorite?--My mom is a great cook, and every meal was really delicious. But I probably loved Sunday dinners most. My mom made a delicious roast with potatoes and carrots, and she'd sometimes make a wonderful chicken and rice meal.
6. Today, what is your IDEAL meal?--I hardly ever make steak at home, but at a restaurant I love a nice steak with a baked potato and a salad. At home, I love a roast cooked with potatoes and carrots. I also love the traditional Thanksgiving meal of turkey, mashed potatoes and dressing. A vegetarian I'm not!