Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I talk with Sharon Hinck, author of The Restorer



...and my comedic acting career is launched!

Cindy's Book Club has been a real success so far! We started off the summer with Lisa Samson's Quaker Summer. Then last night, we met to discuss Split Ends, by Kristin Billerbeck.

Once again I was so impressed with the ladies who participated. They are truly enjoying the books, and I think the authors would be so pleased with how they "got" the books, and how the books have enriched their lives. We've been having a great deal of fun and fellowship at the discussions.

My pick for the month of August is The Restorer, by Sharon Hinck. As I blogged earlier:

The Restorer is an unusual book, and one that, frankly, I wasn't sure I was going to like. It's a unique blend of fantasy and faith--pretty hard to describe. But as I told Sharon, she grabbed me from the first paragraph. I had a really, really hard time putting the book down--I LOVED it-- and I'm thrilled to spread the word about it.

Fortunately for me and those who have yet to fall in love with The Restorer, this is a series as well. I can't wait to sink my teeth into The Restorer's Son!


Here are a couple of sound clips from my interview with Sharon Hinck. In the first one, she explains what The Restorer is about:




In this next soundclip, Sharon talks about the "world" she created in the book:



I am SO excited about this book, and I recommend it highly!

My career as a comedy actress?

Well, OK...I am a voice-over artist, but my career as a comedy actress is so far limited to a skit I recently recorded for Sheep Laughs.com--a website that boasts "clean Christian humor, jokes, funny photos, a huge comedian list and a weekly podcast!"

The site's webmaster is the very talented Fred Passmore.The site also offers Christian skits and CD's containing Christian skits. My 101QFL co-host, Darren Marlar, plays Adam and I play Eve in a skit to be included on an upcoming CD.


You can listen...

This was the first time I've ever used a "cartoony" voice, and it was actually a lot of fun! If you're so inclined, you can listen to the skit here.

Related Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Sharon Hinck's books. I've read and reviewed all of them on my blog. I love how they are laced with humor yet are so poignant in places, and the struggles the characters go through resonate with my own.

I enjoyed your interview clips with Sharon (somehow your voice is higher than I thought it was. :))

BTW, I am giving away a copy of The Restorer for the "Dog Days of Summer Give-away" that is being sponsored at Rocks In My Dryer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails