Monday, July 03, 2006
and I do the "Monday Madness" meme...
1. Have you ever traveled outside of your own country?--Yes. When I was a little girl, my parents were missionaries to Beirut, Lebanon. During our 2 and a half years in Lebanon, I also visited Jordan, Syria, and (very briefly) Turkey...and there was an airport layover in Rome, if you can count that! Later, while I was in college, my parents were missionaries to Mexico, so I was there pretty often. And I've made the obligatory crossing into Canada...even saw Niagara Falls from the Canadian side.
2. If you could be any animal, which animal would you be, and why?--Oh, wow. I SO would not want to be an animal. But if I had to, I think I would be either the very pampered puppy of a rich and famous celebrity, or a bird--so I could fly, of course.
3. Do you read manga?--No, and dummy me didn't even know what it was until I saw this question and followed the link. I thought it might be an Italian cooking magazine with the "i" missing. :)
4. Are you doing anything special to celebrate Independence Day? (For those of you who don't live in the U.S., did you do anything special this past weekend?)--Well, my plans right now are to go to the Patriotic Prayer Breakfast tomorrow morning; to cook out with friends and family; to ride in the 4th of July parade along with other Radio 91 and 101QFL staffers, and then to watch the fabulous, unbeatable, magnificent Rockford fireworks!
5. How many memes do you participate in regularly?--I will fairly regularly do Monday Madness, the Thursday Thirteen and occasionally the Friday Feast. Last week, for the first time, I participated in Works for Me Wendesday. Hey, when creativity is sluggish, memes sometimes act as a sparkplug!
6. How much is a gallon of gasoline where you live? Have you cut down on your driving since the prices have gone up?--Gasoline is around 2.97 to 2.99 a gallon, pretty much. Occasionally you can find it in the 2.80's. (Isn't it pathetic that THAT is something to get excited about?)
Unfortunately, we've cut down on driving only minimally. Not enough to balance out the huge leap in gas prices.
Answer the Monday Madness either here in my comments section, or on your own blog! come on, it's fun!