Friday, July 14, 2006

It's FRIDAY!!! Woo-hoo!!!!



Why the picture of Gerard Butler? Do I need a reason?

Just a few parting thoughts as we head into the weekend:

--Today is Divine Vinyl day over at Purgatorio. These old album covers never fail to crack me up!

--It's going to get HOT this weekend in the good old Forest City. If it's hot where you are, remember to:

1) Dress for the heat. Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing.
2) Drink water. Carry water or juice with you and drink continuously even if you don't feel thirsty. Avoid alcohol and caffeine, which dehydrate the body.
3) Eat small meals and more often.
4) Avoid strenuos activity. (Amen!)
5) Stay indoors when possible.
6) Be a good neighbor. Check on elderly friends and relatives, especially if they don't have central air.

--The unrest in Lebanon concerns me, as I have many pleasant memories of the few years I spent there in my childhood. I still occasionally see Edgar Feghaly, a dear friend from our Lebanese days who still does mission work in the middle East, including Iraq. He is going to keynote our church's missions conference in November, and I so look forward to seeing him again.

--Why no picture of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' baby Suri yet? It's getting kind of weird.

--Mr. T wore bling before we knew it was bling. But as he gets ready for his advice show, I Pity the Fool, he's shedding the gold.

--I'm looking forward to SLEEPING IN tomorrow. What are you looking forward to this weekend? Let me know in my comments section!

And have a blessed weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails