Friday, June 10, 2005

Hey, come on, he apologized!



I never said I admired Russell Crowe for his personal life--I just love him as an actor.

But, to his credit, Crowe has apologized for the temper tantrum he threw--and the phone he threw at a New York City hotel employee.

Appearing on David Letterman, Crowe called the incident "possibly the most shameful situation I've ever gotten myself into in my life" and said he's tried to apologize to the hotel employee, but can't reach him on the phone.

Hey, Russell's intentions were good--he was just trying to be a good husband. He was having difficulty getting ahold of his wife, Danielle Spencer, to let her know he was behaving: "I'm trying to fulfill my basic obligations to my wife, who needs to know that I'm at home, I'm in bed, I haven't had too much to drink and, primarily important, that I'm alone."

He blamed the outburst on loneliness and jet lag.

Well, he's issued a nice mea culpa. I'm inclined to extend some grace to him, maybe because he IS one of my favorite actors...but he needs to get that anger under control.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails