Friday, December 17, 2004

Max Lucado, Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, and Alistair Begg...

...are among pastors whose church's Christmas celebrations are featured today in USA Today's article, 10 Great Places to Hear the Christmas Gospel.


Alistair Begg

I've mentioned here before that I really like Alistair Begg, and even blogged not too long ago about his acting debut in a movie about golf legend Bobby Jones starring Jim Caviezel.

I first became aware of Begg when he was a guest speaker at Cedarville University , from which my son Jonathan is a graduate and where my son Justin is now a student.

Then, my husband and I greatly enjoyed hearing him in September 2003 at a "Rekindling the Romance" seminar in Chicago.

Today's USA Today article says of the Scottish-born Ohio pastor: "Newcomers may be drawn to Begg's Scottish lilt, but they stay for the passionate and inspiring preaching. 'We will have a tasteful and traditional gathering,' says the Scottish native, known for his uniquely unconventional conservatism."

Begg pastors Parkside Church near Cleveland.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails