Thursday, March 11, 2004

Some different birthday party games...



Got a great chuckle today from this item, from Dr. Bob Griffin's Grif.net humor site:

Games to play at birthday parties for the not-so-young:

1. Sag, You're it

2. Pin the Toupee on the bald guy.

3. 20 questions shouted into your good ear.

4. Kick the bucket

5. Red Rover, Red Rover, the nurse says Bend Over.

6. Doc Doc Goose

7. Simon says something incoherent.

8. Hide and go pee

9. Spin the Bottle of Mylanta

10. Musical recliners



Listening to Twila Paris...




Radio 91 has been playing Twila Paris's lovely praise song, "My Lips Will Praise You," and I've been blessed by the lyrics and serene melody. Twila's clear, bell-like voice is backed up by a boys' choir, which lends a worshipful, classical tone.

Here are some of the words:

"My lips will praise You
For You are holy
My voice will ever
Rise before Your throne
My heart will love You
For You are lovely
And You have called me
To become Your own"

What is your favorite Twila Paris song? Mine would have to be "Lamb of God"...although I confess, my favorite version is not Twila's, but the one by a group called Sunday Drive. In my opinion, "Lamb of God" has the staying power to outlast a lot of today's Christian music, much of which will probably be forgotten 100 years from now, if Jesus tarries His coming. "Lamb of God" is the stuff of hymnals.

"Your gift of Love they crucified
They laughed and scorned Him as He died
The humble King they named a fraud
And sacrificed the Lamb of God"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails