Tuesday, March 02, 2004

One of my childhood favorites is coming to the big screen!



I have always loved the Chronicles of Narnia, and I was thrilled several months ago to read that the beloved C. S. Lewis classic, "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" was being developed into a major motion picture.

Today, I opened the Life section of the USA Today to find a two-page ad declaring: "There are a thousand stories in the land of Narnia...the first is about to be told. Walt Disney pictures and Walden Media proudly present The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe--Christmas 2005."

I've always yearned to see those stories brought to life on the screen, with all the advanced special effects technology available today. If the makers of the movie are as faithful to the story as Peter Jackson was to the Lord of the Rings books, we Narnia fans really have something to look forward to!

The neat thing (and I don't know how much of this will translate into the film) is that the Narnia books are very clear spiritual allegories. If nothing else, we'll have a major motion picture with strong appeal to children coming from a very definite Christian worldview.

I'm excited! :)

More on the upcoming Narnia film here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails