Monday, May 02, 2011

Life Made Lovely: Lovely Grandchildren

What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars' worth of pleasure. ~Gene Perret


Being "Nana" to two little boys has become one of the greatest joys of my life! For Life Made Lovely today, I'm sharing some pictures of my little darlings from my recent trip to Texas. Hope you enjoy!





Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild. ~Welsh Proverb






What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani





Grandchildren bring a whole new dimension of love.~My mom, Cynthia Garrett






Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or effort to change us, as no one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents, siblings, spouses, friends - and hardly ever our own grown children. ~Ruth Goode






It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace. ~Christopher Morley






I'm participating today in Life Made Lovely, hosted by Blessed Little Nest. Click the icon for more info!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Irene said...

Hello Cindy!
So glad you stopped by!I'm now following you, too, so we can keep in touch.
I must say you look lovely with your little ones. May God keep you all safe and happy.
I so agree with the quote about grandparents offering the essential love and care-and cookies!-that parents sometimes overlook under the strain of providing for their family. But you know, there are those aha! moments that we all have at some point.
I wrote about an aha! moment last night, but I was too emotional to hit "publish", so here it is as a preview:)
One night, some 10 years ago, I woke up and crossed the girls' bedroom to go to the kitchen. As I walked through, I thought, "Ah! The girls are having a slip over tonight!". See,I thought that my kids were some friends they had invited for a pyjama party. They looked so grown up. I went back and looked at them. My God, these are my children, I thought. And they are grown! I had a light bulb moment: I was working so hard being a good wife, trying to establish our business, learnign to be a housewife, being efficinet as a mother,that loving and observing my children grow, had escaped me.
Though it was hard at first, and it still makes me feel uncomfortable and inefficient, I slowly learned to overlook dust bunnies in favor of my children.
I believ that, with God's grace, they are growing to be secure in the knowledge that their parents love them fully and unconditionnally, and to me that is the best I can ever do as a mother and as a person.
Wishing you a perfect sunny and blessed weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails