Ever wonder what it would have been like if people in the distant past had had to deal with e-mail spam? Wonder no more. Thanks to topfive.com, here are 13 of the top historical spam messages:
13. Earn up to 10 pence per fortnight knitting stockings at home!
12. You'll be mutinous if you don't check out these hot Tahitian babes on Bountycam!
11. Slice off the pounds with the Antoinette Cake Diet!
10. Ogg, Please Read: Name-Brand Berries for Your Cave Paintings!
9. Pleafe purchafe thefe golf ballf.
8. Ahoy! You're PREQUALIFIED for 10 pieces of silver from Blackbeard Lending!
7. Augmenteth Thy Codpiece!
6. Can't start smoking? We can help!
5. Buy Your OWN Island with NO TRINKETS DOWN!!
4. Order Your British Redcoats Playing Cards!
3. 90% off Printing Press Cartridges! Works on all Gutenberg Models!
2..Discount maile-order leeches delivered by plaine browne buggy to your home -- without a barber's prescription!
and the Number 1 Historical Spam Subject Line...
URGENT VIRUS ALERT! Don't Open Your City Gates for Giant Wooden Horses!