We're inundated with bad news every day. Rising prices, job layoffs, war and disease...so I decided to try to find some GOOD news. Here are 13 items (by the way, researching for this post has convinced me that I want to add GoodNewsDaily.com to my regular internet stops!):
1. Army medic, home on leave, got to deliver his own child
2. Vehicle and gear stolen from Christian band "Rush of Fools" has been recovered after the band asked for prayer
3. A house cat has adopted a rejected panda cub
4. The radio station where I work, 101QFL, is sponsoring the Drive-Through Difference, in which listeners are encouraged to pay for the person's meal who is behind them in the drive-through at a fast food restaurant. People are reporting getting a huge blessing out of doing this!
5. A new book says laughter is good economic medicine
6. Rice prices may fall due to good production prospects (from GoodNewsDaily.com)
7. Mail carrier catches baby under window (from GoodNewsDaily.com)
8. Hero pulls woman from crushed car just as fire erupts (from GoodNewsDaily.com)
9. Iraqi lieutenant gets prosthetic limb from Coalition forces (from GoodNewsDaily.com)
10. A Minnesota center helps paralyzed vets find jobs (from GoodNewsDaily.com)
11. As the economy worsens, people are spending less money on junk like sleazy adult entertainment (I think that's good news, anyway! :))
12. British and Iraqi soldiers are building camaraderie through soccer (from GoodNewsDaily.com)
13. The economy is rebounding in Silicon Valley
Let me know if you have some good news items to report!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants