Friday, August 13, 2004



Time to answer today's edition of Friday Feasts!


Appetizer
Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?--Wow...you'd think, news junkie that I am, that I would be able to come up with an answer, just like that. But truthfully, I've never really thought about it till now. I admire Diane Sawyer and Paula Zahn, more for the way they come across than anything else. I like Shepherd Smith on FoxNews. I admire Christiane Amanpour because she can stand virtually in the middle of gunfire and bomb blasts, and still come off as serenely unflappable. I think the woman has guts. (I just realized at this moment that I actually prefer female anchors to male ones. Not surprising, I guess!)

Soup
Name 3 foods that are currently in your freezer.--Hmm...Budget Gourmet meals; boneless skinless chicken breats; Fudgsicles.

Salad
If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it?--Reagan.

Main Course
What will most likely be the next book you read?--Most likely "Jubilee," by B.J. Hoff. Also, I haven't read the latest in the Kinsey Millhone series by Sue Grafton. I really want to read that.

Dessert
What's the first thing you notice about the opposite gender?--People always ask stuff like this, and it's never just one thing. You don't really notice the particulars until you're talking one-on-one with a person. Then, I think eyes and smile are the biggies.

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend, everyone!


A walk down Memory Lane...

In the wake of my father's passing, I've been going through old pictures. Thought I'd share a few with you.



This is the earliest picture I have of me with my Dad. It was taken in the fall of 1957, when I was going on one year old, at Doling Park in Springfield, Missouri. My mom says she doesn't know if I was in a grouchy mood, or just teething, but obviously I'm not happy about something. :) My dad would have been about 25 years old here. He looks a lot like my son Jonathan.

*****



I figure I'm two or three years old in this one...already the curly hair that has plagued me throughout my life is prominent. I'm not facing the camera because as a little child, I hated looking into the sun. There are a lot of pictures of me as a small child with my head down like that. I'm not sure where this was taken.

*****



My wedding day, August 19, 1978, at Baptist Temple in Springfield, Missouri. Yup...Doug and I both look a LOT younger. That's because we were mere children. :)
My dad and Doug's dad shared duties in the ceremony. Dad would have been 46 here. Wow...younger than I am now!

1 comment:

joydriven said...

these are so special, cindy.
i'm glad you decided to share them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails